Priscilla Burgess, founder and CEO, is an acknowledged thought-leader in sustainable business. Using principles of social entrepreneurship, sustainability and frugal innovation, she incorporated Bellwether Materials after developing a unique treatment and manufacturing process to make SoftBatt insulation.
She had been CEO of her own independent management consultancy since getting her master’s degree from Stanford University. She has successfully managed global, multi-million dollar projects for Fortune 500 companies.
Jeff Poirier, Chief Sales Officer, invented our loose fill product by combining wool with cellulose, taking advantage of the best features of each material.
Jeff is a senior-level sales professional with a 14-year record of success, known for his customer support and ability to succeed even in difficult market conditions. He has driven brand management strategy that generated double-digit growth of top-branded items for 10 consecutive years. He has applied solid expertise in strategic planning, new business development, branding and customer relationship building to exceed sales targets and drive growth. As an avid outdoorsman, Jeff is committed to preserving a healthful environment.
A chief product officer, and American and international wool experts will be joining the team.
BOARD OF ADVISORS
- Michael Morehouse has over 25 years experience building and running successful companies. As a founding partner of FGM, Inc, he built and ran the sales and marketing organization within FGM.
- Jeffery Lloyd, PhD. Jef is EVP and Chief Scientist at Nisus Corporation. He has developed a proprietary treatment formula for wool.
- Alistair Deas advises on appropriate technology for SoftBatts.
- Alan Brydon is an international wool expert and advises on purchasing wool in the international market.
- Robert Padula is a rancher with 20 years experience working with the American Sheep Association.
- Allan Phillips is a former senior IT manager at Charles Schwab and will oversee Bellwether Material’s internal systems.